Masters in Supply Chain Management Program (SCMr)
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers the #1 Ranked Master's program in Supply Chain Management & Engineering. The Supply Chain Management Residential (SCMr) program is designed for early-career supply chain professionals who want to return to school to receive advanced, specialized training in supply chain management.
The SCMr program offers two supply chain master’s degrees.
- Master of Applied Science in Supply Chain Management (MASc-SCM) is designed for students who want to take a job in industry or consulting upon graduation.
- Master of Engineering in Supply Chain Management (MEng-SCM) is more research-focused and is designed for students who wish to continue on in research or pursue a PhD.
All incoming students are initially enrolled for the MASc-SCM degree. Upon arrival students can then submit a research proposal and apply for the MEng-SCM degree.
The Benefits of a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
In 10 months it provides you with an advanced, professional foundation in Supply Chain Management.
- Takes only 10 months to complete, versus a typical 2 years for an MBA
- Focused on the actual supply chain field, whereas an MBA covers a broad range of career paths
- Has an engineering focus versus primarily business skills
- Get heavily recruited by the world’s top companies
- Increase your salary by an average of 70%
- Half the cost of a traditional MBA
The SCMr program requires 90 units of coursework over 10 months of full-time residence with matriculation in August and graduation in June.
Students with 3 to 8 years of work experience are in the best position to gain from the SCMr program and also contribute the most to class discussions. Candidates should also have strong quantitative skills, including some college-level calculus, linear algebra, and probability/statistics.
Ready to apply? Please review the detailed instructions.
(NOTE: The Blended Program application is different from the Residential Program Application)