MIT’s Supply Chain Management blended (SCMb) cohort offering allows learners to combine the online MITx MicroMasters credential with one semester on campus at MIT to earn a full master's degree. This pioneering program option offers exceptional students an alternative pathway to a research- and practice-based master's in supply chain management.
Whether you're seeking career advancement or looking to expand on your knowledge and leadership skills through applied learning and research, earning your master's at MIT can help you realize your goals.
- Boost your career: Our blended master's degree can help you advance your position with your current employer, or open doors to new jobs with top companies worldwide.
- Solve real-world problems: Our master’s students interact with 150+ corporate partners, and research real business challenges for companies recognized for supply chain excellence, who are eager to implement our students’ innovative solutions.
Consider some of the advantages of the blended program format:
- MIT Degree: Graduate from a top research university recognized worldwide for excellence and global impact.
- New learning pathway for highly qualified non-traditional candidates seeking to advance to executive positions.
- Ranked #1 Supply Chain master's program in the world by QS and Eduniversal
- All the benefits of full-time study on the MIT campus and Boston, with just 5 months out of the workforce.
- Significant savings on tuition and living expenses over a full-year residential program.
- Applicants are automatically considered for several fellowships and grants–including fellowships created especially for blended cohort students.
- SCALE Connect brings SCM students from around the world to MIT for three intense weeks of workshops, seminars, industry speakers, facility tours, team-based work, and more.
- Career resources: excellent career services program helps our students maximize potential for salary increases after graduation, either through promotions or new job opportunities at leading worldwide companies.
SCMb Key Dates:
CFx Exam dates:
May 11-13, 2022
- November 8-10, 2022
- Round 1 Deadline: December 20, 2022
- Round 2 Deadline: June 20, 2023
SCMb Application Decision Released (Class of 2024):
- Round 1: January 30, 2023
- Round 2: July 18, 2023
Eligibility and Timeline
Prerequisites: The MITx MicroMasters Credential in SCM requires learners to pass five rigorous online courses in supply chain management, and pass a proctored comprehensive final exam (see CFx FAQs). Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters Credential are eligible to apply to the SCM blended master’s program. (We will honor completed MicroMasters Program Certificates for up to three years after their issue as valid in an application to the Blended Supply Chain Master's Program.)
Work Experience: Both the residential and blended paths for the SCM program are designed for experienced professionals. The admissions committee will be looking for at least 2 years of experience (3-7 years is recommended). If you have not worked for at least two years in a supply chain role we recommend that you delay applying until you have gained that experience. Other kinds of experience can be accepted if related to operations or planning functions similar to supply chains. Examples might include experience in manufacturing operations, oil field services, and demand forecasting.
Timeline: Admitted blended cohort students begin developing a research proposal and refining their project scope in the fall prior to arriving on campus in January. The full-time campus residency begins with an intensive four-week January term, followed by the four-month Spring term, ending with a presentation of final research projects to project sponsors, CTL corporate partners, and SCM alumni in late May, followed by MIT Commencement. The timeline graphic below provides more detail.