Two Degree Options:
Students choose between two degree options. All incoming students (both SCMr and SCMb) are initially enrolled for the MASc-SCM degree. Upon arrival, students interested in the MEng-SCM degree may submit a research proposal and apply to pursue that degree option.
(MASc-SCM) is designed for students who want to take a job in industry or consulting upon graduation.
(MEng-SCM) is more research-focused and is designed for students who wish to continue on in research or pursue a PhD.
Two Program Formats:
Ten-month on-campus master’s program designed for early-career supply chain professionals who want to receive advanced, specialized training in supply chain management to pivot their career path into a new function or industry.
The SCMr program begins in early August and concludes with commencement at the end of May. Residential program students are admitted for August entry only.
SCMr Degree Requirements/Curriculum Detail
Developed to provide an alternative pathway to a supply chain management master’s degree to non-traditional students with considerable professional experience who may not wish to leave their employer for a 10-month on-campus experience. The blended program option is open to MITx MicroMasters® Program in Supply Chain Management credential holders who wish to build on their credentials to earn a master’s degree in SCM in just five months on campus at MIT.
Students who have completed the MITx MicroMasters® Program in SCM online and are admitted to the SCMb program arrive on campus in early January for the spring term, and graduate at MIT commencement at the end of May.
SCMb Degree Requirements/Curriculum Detail
Benefits of a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
Gain an advanced, practical, focused foundation in Supply Chain Management.
- Earn your master’s in just 10 months (or less) on campus, versus 2 years for a traditional MBA
- Engineering-focused degree options with emphasis on practical, specialized coursework relevant to supply chain
- Enroll in Sloan elective course offerings
- Learn from and work with world-class MIT faculty and researchers who are innovating across a broad portfolio of research lines
- Apply your skills to your passions: humanitarian response, sustainability, AI, security, strategy, and more
- Ranked #1 worldwide in Supply Chain & Logistics master’s program rankings by QS and Eduniversal
- Get recruited by the world’s top companies
- Join a global alumni network of over 140,000 MIT Alumni
MIT SCM master’s students have numerous and varied opportunities to interact with companies across industries and around the world, including:
- Real innovation projects with Supply Chain Education Partners and other industry leaders
- Site visits and tours
- Information sessions and recruiting opportunities
SCM students are highly sought after by top employers which is why over 90% of our students typically receive job offers by graduation—and why you’ll find SCM alumni working across the globe.
Head to the Admissions page for info on program formats, webinars and campus visits, and all the details on application requirements and timelines!